Performance Scrummaging Coach
- Minimum World Rugby Level 2 coaching award
- equivalent exp with aspiration to get WR Level 3
- Rugby coaching ability at RFU National League
As part of Kowloon RFC’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified. These are exciting times for Kowloon RFC. The Clubs strategy promotes inclusivity, professionalism, community and safety. We have a strategic framework with a vision to strive for excellence on the pitch through our coaching, volunteering, the local community and surrounding areas, and our close involvement with Sai Kung Stingrays. Our aim is to provide a fun, safe and enjoyable environment that promotes and fosters individual and team excellence and encourages all participants to reach their full potential, no matter what their aspirations may be.
Job Grade: Operational Services Grade 5
Job Purpose: To assist the Club Community Officer in the delivery of an effective, professional and safe programme for all men’s, women’s and youth rugby squads.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of all performance programmes as agreed with the Director of Rugby.
- To lead on areas of delivery as agreed with the Director of Rugby, most importantly the technical understanding of the complex areas of scrum, lineout and ruck.
- To input to selection and the multi-disciplinary team.
- To share ownership of players’ individual development plans as agreed with the Head Coaches of Kowloon RFC’s various rugby programmes.
- Working with players to develop their understanding of their own performance and to maximise strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- To contribute to the recruitment of players as agreed with the Director of Rugby.
- To lead on projects or management areas as agreed with the Director of Rugby, for example talent ID and player movement across the programme.
- To engage beyond the rugby programme in support of Kowloon Cares.
Head of Academy Program
Rugby Union Coach required to drive the individual player development programme and realise the aims of Kowloon Rugby Club and Hong Kong China Rugby (HKCR) strategic plan and long-term player development.
Candidates need experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players for the elite representative game of rugby union.
Candidates must have a level 2 coaching certificate and International Coaching experience.
Ability to coach and understand the game to a high level – strategically, tactically and technically; with experience in mentoring team coaches in all these aspects.
Ability to plan, communicate, research, and constantly evaluate current practices to achieve excellence.
For further details please see the full position description at the following link.
Applications should include a 1-page cover letter highlighting how you meet the position criteria and a full CV and should be submitting directly to email@example.com on or before August 9th, 2023.
- Ability to lead, drive and realise the vision for player development for Kowloon Rugby Club and Hong Kong China Rugby.
- To manage the expectations of stakeholders and drive the individual player development programme aligned to the best interest of the long-term development of the player.
- Experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players for the elite representative game of rugby union.
- International Coaching experience.
- Credible rugby knowledge, understanding and expertise gained from playing, coaching or through player management.
- Ability to coach and understand the game to a high level – strategically, tactically and technically.
- Ability to interface effectively with people at all levels of the game. Competence to manage & motivate, develop relationships and if required manage conflict.
-Ability to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current practice to achieve excellence.
- Liaise with youth clubs, including but not limited to; Sai Kung Stingrays, Kowloon Lions, and Discovery Bay Pirates
- Regular communication with each Team Manager of each age group.
- Organise coaches across boys and girls
- Regular check-in with coaches
- Drop in session to make sure coaching standard is high
- Monthly handling of timesheets and invoices
- Responsible for coaches CPD
- Develop and lead camps, and functional skill session blocks for youth players
- Working with schools in our local catchment area to upskill and recruit players for youth programs
Academy (U18s) Team:
- Team Manager
- Season planning
- Attend all trainings and fixtures
- Management of Staff
- Recruitment of players from youth clubs/building communication channels with parents
- HKCR regular admin and reporting